- Desktop/laptop computer – Mac or Windows – via the main Comixology website.
- Apps for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad – synched with your account on the Comixology site.
- Beta app for Android phones.
Dark Horse Comics
Red 5 Comics
Top Cow Productions
Devil’s Due Entertainment
Plus many more…
- You can view your Comixology purchases through many different media devices with each being synched to your main Comixology account.
- They boast a catalogue of over 5000 titles.
- Over three hundred free comics.
- The main site has more to offer than just comics with an impressive pool of columns, a podcast, and group discussion area.
- You must use a Comixology account to view and purchase comics.
- You must have online access to view your comics.
- You can only view what has been downloaded. Slow connections can take some time to fully download.
- You cannot save a copy to your computer to view offline.
- Your access to newer comics may be limited depending on publisher.
iTunes - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/comics/id303491945?mt=8
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/comixology
Twitter - http://twitter.com/comiXology
Next up was a retailer tool that launched in 2009 and allowed retailers to peruse previews of comic books to help build sales for retailers. The free program offers things like a cover gallery tool that showcases the entire Diamond Comics catalog and allows fans to put together an order of upcoming issues. It shows the cover of the comic and pertinent information needed for the order. All the retailer needs to do is to create an account with Comixology, put together what they want to show, and insert some basic code into their website.
This then led into an app for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. This app allowed users to purchase comic books and view them with a Flash player. Users could create pull lists and browse the Comixology store just like they would a brick and mortar one. They also added a feature where if users wanted the print option, they can click a link that will show them local stores in the area in which they can purchase said comics. Since the launch, they have added thirty five different publishers with over five thousand comic books online. Their app hit the big time when they partnered with both Marvel and DC to sell their comic books digitally.
One of their latest endeavors is a web based application that ties in the apps for the Apple products and allows people who don’t own an Apple device to experience digital comic books. Their web based application works just like the app for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. Users create an account, peruse comic books, purchase them online and view them on their desktop or laptop computer. If you purchase a comic using your Comixology account, then you will be able to view them on any device that can run the Comixology software.
With the addition of Marvel, DC, Image, and Dark Horse comic books, Comixology has solidified themselves as the number one digital comic book seller on the web.