- Shônen Boys Manga (Pronounced Show-Nen)
- Shôjo Girls Manga (Pronounced Show-Joe)
- Seinen Mens Manga (Pronounced Say-Nen)
- Josei (or redikomi) Womens Manga (Pronounced Joe-Say)
- Kodomo Childrens Manga (Pronounced Kow-Dow-Mow)
Dont let these different titles scare you; they are just there to help differentiate the many kinds of Manga. Generally, you will be able to know if you will like an upcoming Manga title by what group it is a part of. Shonen Manga is usually action packed and humorous, Shojo Manga is often more lighthearted and involves romance. Seinen Manga will often have more adult themes, with some containing graphic violence and sexually explicit material. There is even a group of Manga and Anime that is referred to as Hentai, which is erotic Manga. This kind of Manga is considered pornographic by most people. Regardless of what your tastes are, you should be able to find a kind of Manga you prefer.